Tuesday, December 20, 2011

M.I.T.x

The other day, Steve and I had a brief conversation about the "higher ed bubble" that is getting closer and closer to bursting.  How it is possible to save for college these days, not only for the cost but also because we don't really know what "college" will look like in 10-15 years.

Enter MIT. For many years, they, along we many other universities, have been putting some of their courses online (OpenCourseware) for people to access. Now they are adding another layer to this - M.I.T.x.  M.I.T.x will be a more interactive platform where students can ask questions and respond to other students while taking the course.  In addition, a student can earn a M.I.T. certificate when they show some level of mastery of the content.

Read more about M.I.T.x here - http://edudemic.com/2011/12/mitx-courses/

Preparing our kids for college and the future becomes more of a moving target....

No comments:

Post a Comment